Monday, September 30, 2019

The Christian Reveries Collection by Abdiel LeRoy

Days ago I was contacted by Abdiel LeRoy for reviewing The Christian
Reveries Collection. I remembered very well Abdiel because the past year I reviewed The Christmas Tree
finding it enchanting and technically perfect. It is the story of a tree, a boy and the desire of, once Christmas over, not killing it. I just hope, I repeat that they will put in production a movie with that story. It's modern, realistical. Plus, it's a Christmas's story and I absolutely adore Christmas's stories.

This year LeRoy
contacted me for writing a review about his Christian Reveries Collection, a collection including The Christmas Tree and also Obama's Dream. I was skeptical after what I read in that second book (and surprised) because the verses I found were an open critic at the past President. I thought: I will wait. I wanted to contact LeRoy, but  LeRoy was quickest.

LeRoy today sent me also Verses Versus Empire some Samples from the Three-Volume Series and now I perfectly understand.

As he explaines in the preface : "I was goaded into writing political poetry by the ascendancy of George W.Bush in 2001, when I thought things couldn't possibly get any worse. But of course they did!"

Problem after all was 9/11. I think that the USA has never healed; I think that answers haven't been sufficiently given; I think that Presidents from left, right, haven't been "read" by the population, the base, too close; and here there are all these problems and a chaotic, absurd situation.

Maybe the order created with the globalization was a great error, maybe the climate change is causing irrationality; my granny loved to saying that when the environment is not in peace men are not in peace as well; or maybe this open society let us see much better than in the past people and also who is in office.

I found the Verses Versus Empire absolutely hilarious and the perfect portrait of Donald Trump. 

The trip of Obama will involve angels and old thinkers of the past like Plato.

I would want to suggest to LeRoy of not mixing policy with Christmas; to me a bad idea for sure if I can add this :-)) because people when buy a Christmas's want to buying a dream. 
They want to stay relaxed; they search for escapism, they search also for their personal dreams. Who knows: maybe that tale will help them to be better people, to open their heart to the others. Maybe a dream will directly touch them.

A politician close to a dream is a nightmare also if he has been a splendid person because you return abruptly at the reality and sometimes, we, readers would want to see a different world, and we would want to forget all the badness that there is in the world, and the asperity and ugliness that we breath in a daily base.

Better to create collections of similar books.

Recommended.

I thank Le Roy fot the copy of these books.

Anna Maria Polidori 








No comments: