Wednesday, December 09, 2020

23 Things I Wish I could Ask My Mom and Dad Today by Jan Zlotnick

 23 Things I Wish


I could Ask My Mom and Dad Today by Jan Zlotnick is an original book for sure! I discovered the author in a FB page that I follow and I asked for the ebook. 

Jan is a real good person and answered me back immediately with a good e-mail and an electronic copy of his book.


It is one of the most moving books I have read. 


You musn't imagine a lot of words, there are more or less 50 pages of questions to the dad and mom of Jan if hypotetically still alive, but these questions are powerful and they enter in the soul with importance and there they will remain. 


There are moments in our existences, in particular when we are too sad or when we search for answers, or differently if in the past we had experienced a conflictual relationship with our parents, or if we are missing them so badly, that these questions can influence our days; they would make the difference for sure; but... they will remain unanswered and there is nothing more ugly and powerful than an answer never given from a parent to a child or vice-versa, because too busy with their existence, or because, simply, families love to keep their own distances. 


I thought immediately, reading these questions, that I wanted to ask them to my mother, still alive. 

I also imagined the answer at this question, referred to my dad: 


If you had one day to come back

to life, what would you do?


He would drink a glass of wine playing at cards with some of his alive friends. He loved wine and good company.


At the end of the book, the story continues, Jan Zlotnick asks to his readers:  What would you ask a loved one lost or still alive? 

You can send your One Question to jan@janslittlenotebook.com


Highly recommended.


I thank the author for the copy of the ebook.


Anna Maria Polidori 


 


No comments: