Sunday, March 29, 2020

L'Ultima Moglie di J.D.Salinger by Enrico Deaglio

L'Ultima Moglie di J.D.Salinger
by Enrico Deaglio, published by Marsilio is simply spectacular.
I love, immensely love the writing-style of Deaglio and the reconstruction of J.D. Salinger's existence. I confess I haven't never read Il Giovane Holden , The Catcher. I am weird regarding authors: in general I tend to avoid writers if their name is not complete, but there are just initials. It's me, and yes, you can with tranquillity think that this one is another weird behavior of a reader. We have our habits, our internal guidelines, that is true.

I have the biography written by Salinger's daughter, found at the Emporium of the ladies of Books for Dogs and I promise to myself of reading it as soon as possible. 

Deaglio is a great estimator of Salinger, and thanks to this fact he is in grade of giving us a fresh prospect of the man, the writer and the myth. In every sense. There were shadows in the existence of Salinger, and his most important book sometimes not read properly was cause of big messes when met along its way people mentally sick.

The story of this book is a fictional one: there is an agent of the FBI searching for something and in particular for someone: a potential russian spy and a professor in love for Salinger. 
The love of John Taliabue for Saliger's production is so immense that at a certain point with some friends created a secret circle, like the Dead Poets Society in Robin Williams's movie: the Caufield Resurrected in this case.

Sometimes, when I meet certain authors I ask to myself: what kind of books did they read for being so good? The question pooped up in my mind reading this book as well because of Deaglio's wonderful writing-style and the exceptional, strong, fictional story created innested with the existence of the same Salinger.

Beautiful, you will read this short book quickly and you will rearead it with great pleasure for sure, and if, like me, you haven't still read what Salinger wrote, it can be a good idea to give a look if somewhere in our libraries located in the various rooms of the house there are books written by someone called J.D.Salinger.

Highly recommended.

I thank Marsilio for the physical copy of this book.

Anna Maria Polidori 


No comments: