Sunday, July 29, 2018

I Romanov Storia di una Dinastia tra Luci e Ombre by Raffaela Ranise

I Romanov Storia di una Dinastia tra Luci e Ombre by Raffaela Ranise published by Marsilio is an interesting short, condensed intriguing book about the Romanov. I didn't know all the story of this family: I knew that once Lenin took power in Russia they were killed. But modality, how, when, where, why or their role during their 300 years of reign to me not known.

Explored all the Romanov, I loved to read about Catherine the Great, with her modern ideas for a State less underdeveloped, plenty of young lovers also when old, she had to be an original, funny mind and person; we will assist at the profound hate of his son, who once became tzar tried all his best for destroying the beautiful imagine of his mother Catherine; not just failing; people, tired of that oppressor, killed him without too many compliments after just four years of reign.
Nicola and Alessandra the latest protagonists of this family. They appear to me like Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette, King and Queen of France. Closed in their own, beautiful, rich world, unable to see what it was going on in the real one, they started to be profoundly hated by the entire population, in search of serious answers.

The advent of Communism with Lenin and the end of the Tzars, will also mean the sad departure of the entire Romanov.
A chapter apart is dedicated at the character of Rasputin, for sure a sly, manipulative person; a girl could purify herself going to bed with him: original idea that one of Rasputin for searching for some sex. Rasputin was also someone who cursed the family: "If some members of your family will kill me, you won't survive..." And the curse maintained its promise.

Enchanting, interesting book, when you start to read it, you won't put it down anymore, it's too much the curiosity to see what will happen at the next member of the family.

I love the cover. At first I was attracted by it. The symbol of the Romanov was a rose in fact, the so-called Romanov-Rose.

Warmly recommended.

I thank Marsilio for the physical copy of this book.

Anna Maria Polidori

No comments: