Sunday, June 18, 2017

The World Encyclopedia of Bread and Bread Making by Christine Ingram &Jennie Shapter

Two weeks ago I went to the market at Umbertide.

It was a sunny day and I stopped by at the second-hand bookstore created by the Books for Dogs Committee, searching for some used books.
It's impossible to go out without a book according to my point of view, but I am a real addicted. This time I brought home some cookbooks.

I don't know you but I love bread. I grew up with milk, chocolate and bread for breakfast, bread with nutella during the afternoon when I was more little or bread and honey or bread, butter and jam.

I love bread because it exists, because it's our primary source of food, because it's good and because it gives the sense of goodness and not just materially but spiritually.

The World Encyclopedia of Bread and Bread Making by Christine Ingram &Jennie Shapter by Anness Publishing Limited is a delicious, captivating trip in the world of bread. Thanks to this book we will  visit many countries in the world discovering their best bread.
My edition is pretty old but you can find the book in bookstores or Amazon.

After a first section all dedicated at the how-to-do-bread, so tools, different varieties of flour, various tips, because more than sure once you will finish to read this book you will want to try some culinary bread-trip somewhere in the world, the book dedicates a long yummy! section at the bread in the world.

Europe apart with a long section starting from UK, Ireland, Italy, France, Germany, Switzerland, Spain, Cyprus, Turkey, then North Africa, Jewish bread, North American bread, Caribbean and Mexican bread, Australian, Indian and Japanese bread.

The second part, after this long introduction, all spent by the authors sharing with the readers various recipes of these countries explaining step-by-step how to prepare the most delicious bread you have ever tasted.
The cover and illustrations are beautiful, colored, extremely succulent and captivating.


I thank Books for Dogs for this book!


Anna Maria Polidori

No comments: