Saturday, February 29, 2020

House of Ash by Hope Cook

House of Ash
by Hope Cook is a children's book published by Abrams.
I admit that the book didn't fascinated me at all. I tried several times of reading it with attention but I found it powereless and unable to capture the attention of people. The story wouldn't have been bad at all: set in two historical period, in 1894 we see Mila and the sibling coping with the depature of their father and their new-soon dad mr Andrew Deemus. This man surrounded by a lot of mystery, silence and untold stories inherited a house called Gravenhearts (the name is a program). Too soon Mila understands that nothing is going on normally in the house and that mr Deemus hides a lot of secrets.
While Mila's got these perplexities, Curtis, in our time, another kid, starts to think that maybe he has inherited the same illness of his dad, suffering of schizofrenia, because he hears voices. He will understand later that he is absolutely fine but that there is an interesting story behind.

It's a rarity, because I carefully choose books that I will review, so automatically falling in love for them just for the reason that I picked up them for a reason; in this case the reading was impossible. I tried several times but I didn't find any connection. 
The publishing house sent me this book for Halloween and not the past one but I didn't enter in the story at all. I re-tried later, but nothing.  

The idea is beautiful just maybe not developed with that passion in grade to keep people reading the book.

I thank ABRAMS for the physical copy of this book.

Anna Maria Polidori 

No comments: